Spring is here, finally! After this winter I think we can all breathe a sigh of a relief! Now that spring is here it’s time to start talking about how to prep your plumbing system for the season.
Below is a list of tips and tricks that we recommend:
- When spring hits EVERYONE wants to spend time outside, so that means clothes get dirty faster! This means your washer will be used a lot this season. Be sure to check your washing machine hose for leaks, cracks and bulges. Tip: The hose should be replaced every three years.
- Now that spring is here you will probably be eating more fruit and veggies. DO NOT put banana peels, cornhusks, celery or other fibrous foods in the garbage disposal. It will just clog the system.
- When trees grow during the spring the new tree roots can mess with sewer lines. Be sure to call us, so that we can inspect your sewer line, and prevent any future issues.
- Be sure to clean the debris out of your gutters, drains and downspouts. The last thing you want is a clogged gutter during a thunderstorm!
- Check the outdoor hose faucets to make sure the water is flowing properly. If there’s any sort of leak give us a call.
Questions? Just call The Polite Plumber at (973) 398-0875. We won't ask how it happened!